I studyed economics at Stanford.
I am most grateful to my thesis advisor, Paul Milgrom, for his help, support and guidance.
At Stanford, I took classes in industrial organization from Tim Bresnahan and Roger Noll.
The second member of my thesis committee was Mike Riordan.
While I did not take any class from him, I learned a lot from Mike, some of which in the process of writing papers together.
My decision to apply to Stanford was greatly influenced by the example and encouragement of Antonio Borges
and Diogo Lucena, who were my teachers in Lisbon.
To all of you, thank you.
Here is my academic tree.
Past and current doctoral advisees
- Pedro Pita Barros (Nova, 1993), Professor, Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- Margarida Catalão Lopes (Nova, 1999), Assistant Professor, I.S.T., Technical University of Lisbon
- Tobias Kretschmer (LBS, 2001), Professor, University of Munich
- Flavio Toxvaerd (LBS, 2002), University Lecturer, Cambridge University
- Cristian Dezso (NYU Stern, 2006), Associate Professor, University of Maryland
- Ali Yurukoglu (NYU Stern, 2009; co-chair with Ariel Pakes), Assistant Professor, Stanford University
- Anna Ingster (NYU GSAS, 2010), Adjunct Professor, New York University
- Hong Luo (NYU Stern, 2011), Assistant Professor, Harvard Business School
- Lai Jiang (NYU Stern, 2012; co-chair with John Asker), Assistant Professor, University of British Columbia
- Yunok Cho (NYU Stern, 2014), Assistant Professor, Renmin University
- Sandy Yu (NYU Stern, 2015; co-chair with Adam Brandenburger), Post-Doc, University of California - Berkeley
Doctoral students (not main advisor)
- Alessandro Gavazza (NYU GSAS, 2005), Professor, LSE
- Giovanni Serio (NYU GSAS, 2006), Goldman Sachs, London
- Martin Paredes (NYU GSAS, 2007), Professor, Universidad de Piura (Peru)
- Ashton Hawk (NYU Stern, 2009), Assistant Professor, Ohio State University
- Selvin Akkuş-Clemens (NYU Stern, 2013), Bates & White
- Krzysztof Wozniak (NYU Stern, 2013), Federal Reserve Board
- Vivian Figer (NYU GSAS, 2014)
- Malika Krishna (NYU Stern, 2016), Cornerstone Research
- Paul Povel (LSE, 1998), Professor, University of Houston (previously at Minnesota)
- Vasco Rodrigues (Catolica, 2002), Assistant Professor, Universidade Catolica do Porto
- Helder Vasconcelos (European University Institute, 2002), Associate Professor, Universidade do Porto (previously Assistant Professor, Universita Bocconi)
- Jeanine Miklos-Thal (Toulouse, 2006), Assistant Professor, University of Rochester (previously at Mannheim)
- Joao Montez (Lausanne, 2007), Assistant Professor, London Business School (previously Columbia University post-doc)
© 2000-2012 L Cabral | Design and hosting: L Cabral and Arte Numerica